…...consists of twelve high ranking executives who represent the diverse perspectives of the automotive value chain. They carry out activities within the Association on a voluntary basis with a will to actively shape the Association and a high level of time commitment. The Board is chaired by Oliver Ganser.
Within the association, the Management Board is responsible for...
managing the day-to-day operations and ongoing strategic initiatives and workstreams of the association.
organizing General Assemblies and carrying out their resolutions
prepare a yearly budget plan and manage the finances
enroll new members
to assign a Chief Executive Officer and establish a Management Office
to appoint half of the Advisory Board members every five years
to mediate in the event of disagreements
Our Association Office ...
… consists of a rapidly growing team, which is responsible for membership recruitment, internationalization, the presence of Catena-X in the public, as well as the optimization of administrative processes.
The corporate office is mainly responsible for the following tasks:
- The office is mainly responsible for the following tasks.
- To manage the daily business of the association
- Optimize the presence of Catena-X in public
- Member administration & staff support
- Coordination of the workflows.
... consists of seven members who advise the Management Board on strategic issues. The Advisory Council includes experts from politics, science and institutions in the automotive sector. All of them have a special affinity and expertise in the automotive sector.
The Advisory Council supports the Management Board primarily ...
to conncet with a wide network in the political, social and scientific community
to plan and initiate collaborations with potential partner organizations
to monitor new research results and to discuss the latest state of open technology development
to multiply the results from the association into the industry-relevant committees and institutions
The current members of the Advisory Council are
Dr. Marcus Bollig I Beiratsvorsitzender
German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA)V
Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action, Germany
GEC- German Edge Cloud GmbH & Co.KG
Robert Bosch GmbH
Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd.
...are appointed by the Management Board to address specific issues in the implementation and standardization of a data ecosystem. They are commissioned with a specific work assignment for a limited period of time.
Currently, the Catena-X Automotive Network has the following working groups:
Working Group Battery Passport
- prototypes a model of a battery passport for the Catena-X data ecosystem
- links Catena-X with other relevant initiatives that are developing use cases as well as use rules for a battery passport.
Working Group Certification
- develops the processes as well as the framework to certify the operating companies as well as the business solutions
- coordinates the commisioning of potential certification partners for the association.
Working Group Communication, Transfer & Scaling
- is the first point of contact for questions on public relations
- strategically communicates the contents of Catena-X to the various external and internal stakeholders
Working Group Ecosystem& Kits
- develops building blocks (KITs) that are made available to providers based on the work results of the Catena-X consortiums. This enables them to connect technically to the data ecosystem.
- initiates the establishment of a developer community for Catena-X.
Working Group Internationalization
- develops the framework for the establishment of international hubs for the Catena-X network
Working Group Operating Model
- develops an operating modell that forms the prerequisite for potential operators to provide Catena-X certified and standardized services.
Working Group Semantic Layer including Digital Twins
- works on issues related to the operationalization and standardization of semantic models in the Catena-X data ecosystem.
Working Group PCF Verification
- Defines the different verification levels, PCF rules and procedures, documentation requirements, and review procedures
- Designs a concept that allows the assessment, sharing, and aggregation of PCF verification throughout the supply chain
Working Group Standardization
- Develops and applies standardization criteria
- Ensure the legality of the standardization criteria
Working Group Framework for Activation Supplier Network
- Supports communication activities and the integration of functionalities internally in large companies
Closed Working Groups
- Advisory Ecosystem
- Framework for Supplier Activation
- PCF-Rulebook, Standardization & Stakeholder Engagement
- Data protection
- Operating Model (I+II)
... are appointed by the Management Board and permanently oversee specific processes that become necessary for the coordination, implementation and standardization of a data ecosystem. Their members are changed at regular intervals.
Technical Committee for Standardization
- documents, verifies and follows up on the release of standard candidates
- Promotes the establishment of hubs and thereby the internationalization of the association
- Provides support for hub rollouts
The Onboarding Committee is the successor organization to the working group Advisory Ecosystem and is responsible for the furhter development of the Knowledge Base, the qualification of consultants, and the establishment of framework conditions for a scalable advisory ecosystem. On the other hand, it focuses on the generation and testing of self-onboarding offers and tools in order to support independent onboarding for small and medium-sized enterprises (SME). This also includes information about regional funding instruments as well as the integration and use of established platforms within the "SME" scene to publicize and disseminate Catena-X. Further tasks and objectives can be set up by the committee.
In addition, the technical committee has the possibility to delegate individual or new tasks to so-called expert groups. The expert groups are composed of further representatives of the association.
The Onboarding Committee is composed of representatives from the advisory environment and companies in the automotive value chain. In addition, a representative for operating companies is included. The committee is a permanent institution of the association and thus ensures the long-term bundling of all onboarding topics.