…...consists of nine high ranking executives who represent the diverse perspectives of the automotive value chain. They carry out activities within the Association on a voluntary basis with a will to actively shape the Association and a high level of time commitment. The Board is currently chaired by Oliver Ganser.
Within the association, the Management Board is responsible for...
managing the day-to-day operations and ongoing strategic initiatives and workstreams of the association.
organizing General Assemblies and carrying out their resolutions
prepare a yearly budget plan and manage the finances
enroll new members
to assign a Chief Executive Officer and establish a Management Office
to appoint half of the Advisory Board members every five years
to mediate in the event of disagreements
... consists of six members who advise the Management Board on strategic issues. The Advisory Council includes personalities from politics, science and institutions in the automotive sector. All of them have a special affinity and expertise in the automotive sector.
The Advisory Council supports the Management Board primarily ...
to conncet with a wide network in the political, social and scientific community
to plan and initiate collaborations with potential partner organizations
to monitor new research results and to discuss the latest state of open technology development
to multiply the results from the association into the industry-relevant committees and institutions
The current members of the Advisory Council are
Dr. Marcus Bollig I Chair of the Advisory Council
German Association of the Automotive Industry (VDA)
Oliver Spielvogel I Vice Chair of the Advisory Council
T-Systems International GmbH
Robert Bosch GmbH
Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Action, Germany
GEC- German Edge Cloud GmbH & Co.KG
...are appointed by the Management Board to address specific issues in the implementation and standardization of a data ecosystem. They are commissioned with a specific work assignment for a limited period of time.
Currently, the Catena-X Automotive Network has the following working groups:
Working Group Advisory Ecosystem
- Develops the framework along which consulting institutions can provide onboarding services to companies
Working Group Battery Passport
- prototypes a model of a battery passport for the Catena-X data ecosystem
- links Catena-X with other relevant initiatives that are developing use cases as well as use rules for a battery passport.
Working Group Certification
- develops the processes as well as the framework to certify the operating companies as well as the business solutions
- coordinates the commisioning of potential certification partners for the association.
Working Group Communication, Transfer & Scaling
- is the first point of contact for questions on public relations
- strategically communicates the contents of Catena-X to the various external and internal stakeholders
Working Group Ecosystem& Kits
- develops building blocks (KITs) that are made available to providers based on the work results of the Catena-X consortiums. This enables them to connect technically to the data ecosystem.
- initiates the establishment of a developer community for Catena-X.
Working Group Framework for Supplier Activation
- draws up materials and guidelines so that the members of the association and other multipliers can pass on reliable and uniform information to their supply networks
Working Group Internationalization
- develops the framework for the establishment of international hubs for the Catena-X network
Working Group Operating Model
- develops an operating modell that forms the prerequisite for potential operators to provide Catena-X certified and standardized services.
Working Group PCF-Rulebook, Standardization & Stakeholder Management
- develops a uniform methodology for recording the CO2 footprint and CO2 reporting over the course of a product life cycle
- initiates a stakeholder process to discuss on a uniform set of rules
Working Group Semantic Layer including Digital Twins
- works on issues related to the operationalization and standardization of semantic models in the Catena-X data ecosystem.
... are appointed by the Management Board and permanently oversee specific processes that become necessary for the coordination, implementation and standardization of a data ecosystem. Their members are changed at regular intervals.
Technical Committee for Standardization
- documents, verifies and follows up on the release of standard candidates